Monday 29 October 2007

Sleep

Last night I almost managed to sleep in awareness. Usually I go to bed, read few pages of the book and off I go into a deep sleep, turning on my side or my tummy, face squashed against the pillow.
Last night was different.
I was trying to sleep on my back for some time now with some difficulty I must say. However I have improved a lot and yesterday I slept all night on my back. I also went into a deep meditation focusing on breathing when I closed my eyes and decided to fell asleep. I was breathing for a long time and went almost into a trance. I felt good and relaxed and I knew I could go on like that for a whole night. Fortunately or unfortunately I fell asleep but I was waking up few times during the night. I was aware what I was doing. I was also exited about getting up in the morning and going to work. I was wondering if I would be tired the next day because according to gained experiences so far I should be exhausted.
I woke up fresh and energised at 6am in the morning and I fell asleep I think between 1-2am. I worked all day without one yawn and now I'm still awake at 11pm not feeling tired at all. Amazing. I also did some deep breathing exercises outside first thing followed by ashtanga yoga for 30min. Not bad. I hope I can keep that pattern going for some time.
I wonder how I feel tomorrow?

No comments: