Sunday 15 February 2009

New phase in polyphasic sleeping

The core sleep, which I've embraced a week ago feels great. I feel at times sad that I've abandoned the uberman pattern with just 6 naps in 24h but it was very difficult to manage. My full time work and evening classes/activities didn't leave much time for this regime.
Now I feel more comfortable as the flexibility gives me peace of mind and I don't have to worry about missing some naps or not getting a sleep in others.
I was also missing the dreams and it's recall. The short naps were sometimes blank with no dreams at all and I couldn't allow myself to meditate, as I was worried that I would fall asleep.
Last night I was listening to the meditation tape between 00.30-1.30 and yes I did fell asleep half way through but it didn't matter. I then slept till 4.30 and could recall a great dream on waking up.
I felt rested and fully awake but stayed in bed till 5.30-6am. I was lying in bed for quite a while with open eyes just letting my mind wonder about my latest state of being. There was no trace of sleepiness and that was very welcomed.
For the last two days I have been very active physically so my muscles needed a rest too.
I will still follow the naps at midday, 4pm and 8pm as they are a great way to relax during my busy days.
Right now I'm preparing for my trip to Italy, where I will spend the next two weeks in the mountains near Rome rehearsing a new play.

No comments: